CHOREOGRAPHERS | CREATIVE DIRECTORS | MOVEMENT COACHES
BS fugitives, creative directors and choreographers of Dora Award winning dance company Gadfly. Co-founders of TUDS Festival of Urban Dance Culture. 3 times finalists for KM Hunter award in Dance by Ontario Arts Council (2013, 2014, 2015). Manifesto Award recipients for Innovation & Originality. Dance Ontario recipients for Innovation. Originally from Montreal, the creative duet represents a remarkable repertoire that has constantly been evolving through the years. They are captivating dancers, maverick choreographers, and most of all passionate professionals. Collectively, they are committed to increase the visibility of street dances and to educate the masses about the importance of being a Gadfly: Be unique, dare to question the established standards and INNOVATE.
COMMISSIONED CHOREOGRAPHERS FOR:
• 2015: UNM00RED – Short work commissioned by School of Toronto Dance Theatre
• 2015: NVISIBILIA – Short work commissioned by Decidedly Jazz Danceworks (Calgary)
• 2015: PEQINORDA – Short work commissioned by Kaeja d’Dance
• 2015: NOTRU NORDH – Short work commissioned by TOES for Dance (Summer Intensive)
• 2015: BLASÉ FAIRE – Short work commissioned by Kenny Pearl (Summer Intensive)
• 2015: ABISOAC – Short work commissioned by School of Toronto Dance Theatre
• 2015: THE JOURNEY II – commissioned by Daniels Corporation/Artscape
• 2014: UPLICA – 60 min commissioned by Coleman Lemieux & Compagnie
• 2014: Anomykz – 30 min commissioned by Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre & Harbourfront Centre
• 2013: 3TIQET – 20 min production commissioned by Ryerson University Theatre School
• 2013: AYBRID – 30 min production, commissioned by BYS Yukon
• 2013: EUFORYKABYSS (extended) – Short work solo commissioned by Alias Dance Project
• 2013: SYLPH(a) – Short work solo commissioned by MOonHORsE Dance Theatre
• 2013: THE JOURNEY – commissioned by Daniels Corporation/Artscape
• 2012: DICHTER. s17 – Short work solo commissioned by Coleman Lemieux & Compagnie
• 2012: SKNAHT – Short work commissioned by Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre
• 2012: STYGMATA – Short work commisioned by Dance Ontario Dance Weekend
• 2012: EUFORYKABYSS – Short work solo commissioned by Alias Dance Project
• 2012: FORWARD GRADE – Short work collabo with Heidi Strauss for Alias Dance Project
• 2012: TIME ROBVERS – Short work for Pivotal Motion Dance Theatre
• 2011: KLOROFYL CHAPTER 1 – Short work commisioned by Dance Ontario Dance Weekend
• 2010: WHY DON’T YOU – Short work collabo with Tina Nicolaidis for City Dance Corps
Entrepreneur, Dancer, Choreographer, Actress, Queen of Sarcasm, and 9 to 5 Artist striving to learn and exchange with artists whose skills match their personality to contribute spreading Urban Dance Culture.
“Model what works, Not what everybody else is doing”
– QUICK FACTS –
Bachelor in Political Science. 15+ years of Ballet & Mexican Folklore training. Speaks French, Spanish, and apparently English with an accent.
Artistic consultant, Food connoisseur, & Volunteer Board Member for Canadian Alliance of Dance Artists and Dance Ontario Association. Street dance aficionado who has set for hobby to establish Street Dance as a legitimate art form and promote its cross-cultural movement.
“Do what you preach, Teach what you know”
– QUICK FACTS –
Education: Graphic Design, Photography, Film, and Business Management. 13.5+ years of Martial Arts. Speaks, Frenglish, Spanglish, and mumbles too fast in English.