Dates: August 5-17, 2019
Not merely an Urban or Contemporary dance intensive. 70+hrs of dance indulgence for the real world dancer of today: Performer + Athlete + Interpreter. 11 applicants will get more than a fun experience.
Level Up & Create a career across fields: Commercial, Theatre, Film, TV, and Touring.
ON THE MENU
- Take in 70+ hours of dance-indulgence
- Taste 20 hrs of curated techniques classes
- Absorb 2 pieces (3 for those who can handle it)
- 8 “Up-your-Freelance-Artist-Game” seminars
- 2 Performances
- Choreography: Nike, Canada Goose, Bench, Mugler, Make Up For Ever
- Performance: Katy Perry, Feist, Nelly Furtado, Movies Camp Rock II, You Got Served II
- Creative Works: 2 Touring shows, 4 Dora Award nominations, 20+ commissions (Decidedly Jazz DanceWorks, MoonHorse Theatre, Coleman Lemieux & Compagnie, Ryerson University, School of Toronto Dance Theatre)
“As true visionaries and artists these two always provide thought provoking and inspiring works of art. They’ve created some amazing bodies of work, that I’ve had the pleasure to be a part of. I enjoy their process, unconventional style and their hard work and dedication is something to admire.
Pushing artists to really connect and explore movement is what they do best and is what you can look forward to at this intensive!”
Working with Gadfly is an opportunity to push the limits of physicality, challenge instincts and to learn to trust the development of the artistic voice. Apolonia and Ofilio encourage dancers to be creators. They enable artists to surpass the mental, physical and emotional places they have already visited to experience new, superior energies .