A silhouette of a doubt
A picture of yourself alone away from the crowd begs the question “Poor thing, are you okay?” Gadflynesquely based on motifs from Hollywood legend Greta Garbo, Uplica is one feisty silhouette, messing, completing, and repping the actions and memories of a woman once famous… forever reclusive.
OCT 16-18 & 23-25
8pm – 9pm
Doors open at 7pm
Mimi Herrnodorf Studio-Theatre
304 Parliament Street, Toronto (Parliament + Dundas)
Run time: 1 hour
Choreography:Apolonia Velasquez and Ofilio Sinbadinho
Performance: Laurence Lemieux and Erin Poole
Lighting Design: Simon Rossiter
Creative Consultant: Ken Gass
Sound Design/Composition: John Gzowski
Costume Design: HOAX Couture
For the 5th year in a row, we’ll be performing at Dance Ontario’s Dance Weekend. We’ve been having fun in the studio and will be presenting the world premiere of new work titled ‘b8nuar’ featuring original music by Adinhos.
Enjoy a full weekend of dance at the Fleck Dance Theatre with a line-up of companies from all over Ontario.
b8nuar was produced with the support of the City of Toronto through the Toronto Arts Council.
The School of Toronto Dance Theatre commissioned a new choreographic dance theatre work by Ofilio to create on their dancers. The new piece will be featured alongside works from established contemporary dance theatre choreographers and will run at the historic Winchester Street Theatre. This will be a new cast of highly skilled dancers in everything from contemporary, modern, to ballet, but not necessarily Urban Dance. Are you curious to see how our Aybrid movement method will push them? Read below to see when it all happens and hit them up to get your tickets.
April 30 and May 1, 2, 7, 8, 9
We proudly present to you – the 8th Toronto Urban Dance Symposium, aka TUDS8.
La crème de la crème in Urban Dance reunited in Toronto to bring you the most addicting Dance Battles & Dance Theatre Shows in Canada. An intense ménage a trios of Artistry, Authenticity, Athleticism.
Get yourself immersed:
- Dance Debates on pressing issues for dancers and ways to push industry standards in the right direction
- 2nd annual CINCOTRYBE Hip Hop Championship
- Dance Workshops from Canada’s most sought after talent
- Mainstage Shows by Gadfly and other Canadian choreographers/dance groups
- Gadfly Awards
MORE DETAILS TO BE CONFIRMED SOON.
We will be presenting a KLOROFYL excerpt at Dance Ontario’s Dance Weekend 25th Anniversary edition. Join us on Saturday January 20 at 6:30pm at the Fleck Dance Theatre.
Among other exciting dance companies that you will be able to catch at the festival from January 19-21 2018, you can also experience:
- Skills & Soul Battle on January 19 at 9pm
- Apolonia’s piece KUDETA, a commission for the School of Toronto Dance Theatre will also be performed on January 20 at 5:30pm
- Apolonia’s piece UNHUSH, a commission for Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre will be performed on January 21 at 2pm
- We will lead an Urban Dance Workshop at 11am