We proudly present to you – the 8th Toronto Urban Dance Symposium, aka TUDS8.
La crème de la crème in Urban Dance reunited in Toronto to bring you the most addicting Dance Battles & Dance Theatre Shows in Canada. An intense ménage a trios of Artistry, Authenticity, Athleticism.
Get yourself immersed:
- Dance Debates on pressing issues for dancers and ways to push industry standards in the right direction
- 2nd annual CINCOTRYBE Hip Hop Championship
- Dance Workshops from Canada’s most sought after talent
- Mainstage Shows by Gadfly and other Canadian choreographers/dance groups
- Gadfly Awards
MORE DETAILS TO BE CONFIRMED SOON.
We will be presenting a KLOROFYL excerpt at Dance Ontario’s Dance Weekend 25th Anniversary edition. Join us on Saturday January 20 at 6:30pm at the Fleck Dance Theatre.
Among other exciting dance companies that you will be able to catch at the festival from January 19-21 2018, you can also experience:
- Skills & Soul Battle on January 19 at 9pm
- Apolonia’s piece KUDETA, a commission for the School of Toronto Dance Theatre will also be performed on January 20 at 5:30pm
- Apolonia’s piece UNHUSH, a commission for Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre will be performed on January 21 at 2pm
- We will lead an Urban Dance Workshop at 11am
We’ll be presenting short excerpts from our production UNBXBL 2 as well as DNA Decoded: a live creation in front of your eyes. Arrive early, these performances always sell out (seating is on a first-come first-served basis, no reservations).
We are thrilled to present UNBXBL 2 as part of DanceWorks 40th anniversary celebration (May 3-5, 2018).
Info and tickets here: http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/nextsteps/danceworks-gadfly/