We’re in search of people with an attitude of eager professionalism, with a desire to learn and grow and are down to take on responsibilities. there are two main internships available:
Production Assistant: Skills that’ll be of great use for this internship include writing, editing, communication, using/figuring out powerful online tools (WordPress, Asana, Google Docs, Excell and apple software), you will gain experience in project management, communications & production planning.
Content Creative Assistant: Skills that’ll be of great use for this internship include graphic design, video editing, copywriting. You will gain experience in experience in various types of content creation, marketing and constantly delivering solid content on schedule.
Expect a significant amount of learning-as-you-go and hands-on responsibilities. We’re looking for people who aren’t tourists, who don’t wait their turn but furiously want to make things happen to push the art of dance in Canada.
HEADS UP ON WHAT GOES ON AT THE GADFLY HEADQUARTERS:
- Creation of large-scale theatrical Productions, Dance Battles, Festivals & Tours
- Perform at theatre venues, festivals, private events, and corporates across Canada
- Communicate & pitch to theatre presenters, organizations, and corporate clients
- Apply for government funding
- Collaborations with corporate brands: Nike, Canada Goose, Make Up Forever
- Casting for creative & commercial projects
- Create digital/online content (a lot)
- Photos, Videos, designs, and articles
- Offer workshops, dance training, and movement coaching
In short terms, we create, teach, perform and deliver Creative Works to move people to move up.
Internships start at the end of November with the flexibility of part-time hours and ability to work remotely from home. It’s unpaid for 3-4 months with a real possibility of longer-term work paid position.
Deadline for submission: November 26 (it’s probably the day or two before because we don’t like it when people wait until deadlines to do the work)
Apply & Submit resume: by Filling out this Google doc form (mention if you have a preference in either of the two positions or we’ll assume you want to learn & do the whole range of things we do). Use it as a great chance to show us what you know and where you’re coming from.
We’re really lucky to be able to work with so many extraordinary artists, clients, and companies. Thanks for your interest hopefully we get to work together at making Art that moves people.