We’re in search of people with an attitude of eager professionalism, with a desire to learn and grow and are down to take on responsibilities. Skills that’ll be of great use for this internship include writing, editing, communication, using/figuring out powerful online tools (WordPress, Asana, Google Docs, Excell and apple software), project management, production and/or graphic design, video editing. Bonus points for past experience with sales and marketing skills.
Types of internships available: Admin and Marketing
We’re looking for people who aren’t tourists, who don’t wait their turn and furiously want to make things happen to push the art of dance in Canada.
HEADS UP ON WHAT GOES ON AT THE GADFLY HEADQUARTERS:
- Creation of large-scale theatrical Productions, Dance Battles, Festivals & Tours
- Perform at theatre venues, festivals, private events, and corporates across Canada
- Communicate & pitch to theatre presenters, organizations, and corporate clients
- Apply for government funding
- Collaborations with corporate brands: Nike, Canada Goose, Make Up Forever
- Casting for creative & commercial projects
- Create digital/online content (a lot)
- Offer workshops, dance training, and movement coaching
In short terms, we create, teach, and perform Dance. Expect a significant amount of learning and hands-on responsibilities.
Internships start at the end of November with the flexibility of part-time hours and ability to work remotely from home. It’s unpaid for 3-4 months with a real possibility of longer-term work paid position.
Deadline for submission: November 22 (it’s probably the day or two before because we don’t like it when people wait until deadlines to do the work)
Apply & Submit resume: by Filling out this Google doc form. Use it as a great chance to show us what you know and where you’re coming from.
We’re really lucky to be able to work with so many extraordinary artists, clients, and companies. Thanks in advance for even reading this, and if you apply, we hope to work with you.